Sunday, July 22, 2012

Am I now THAT old church lady?

Today I had a moment of panic.  I may have started down the path to becoming the little old church lady! Okay, so I am neither "little" or "old", but there was a scary moment.  Our pastor's daughter was up on the stage singing and she is gorgeous and beyond talented! However, I leaned over to my sister and said "Isn't she like 5 years old?" To which Rebecca said...Yes!
When the Speer family first came to our church Emily was a baby!  It may be an old church lady cliche, but I actually did change her diaper in the nursery.  Wow! Luckily no cheeks were pinched during this self revelation and I have not started carrying around a brown bag of butterscotch and peppermints to give to the "young folk!" But who can really say what might happen next Sunday?
Jonathan and I have now been together for more than half my life, I have three kids and a mortgage.  Why not slide gently into my role as THAT old church lady? I have been a member of FBC RH for 29+ years.  I think I am definitely on the road to qualifying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...